Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Writer's Block

As days turn into weeks for client’s work and deadlines to be met, there has been very little time to do my own projects. The idea of when I went into business for myself was one, not to have to work for another shitty boss but two, working for myself would free me up a little more time to do the projects I want to do. For the past two years, between Jeopardy, BAK, and working for myself, there have been four projects that were completely abandoned. Invasion was obviously booted for budget purposes. The others were scripts for features: One a horror film I thought I may be able to raise money for if Jeopardy was good enough, then I read a friend’s script and realized there are a million slasher films out there and although mine is sort of Tarantino-esque style where it’s kind of a cross between an “ode to slasher films” to “a character driven slasher film,” it’s still a dead market right now. Then there was my “Debauchery” script that I have been tweaking story ideas for for nearly three years and may be due to be penned being “my next project.” Then there is Epic that still has yet to be rewritten for my agent to shop. A lot of the reason is because I just can’t find the inspiration to write lately. My website needs updating, BAK needs editing, BUT I feel I should be doing something being I’m five years away from the mid life mark and should get on it if I want my career to be where I said it would be by 40. So what do I do on my little amount of off time, from BAK’s editing among others? I must find an inspiration and get on one of them. I mean, I find myself drawing character sketches to scripts that aren’t written and other dumb stuff on my free time. That little time would be better used actually writing.

Read the first twelve pages of these three scripts and tell me which one I should work on.

The Fantasy Adventure for Shopping Purposes. (Couldn’t make this one, nope.)

Ode to Slasher Film - Think Deliverance meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Rob Zombie

Gritty Drama/Thriller. Think White Trash “Payback” or “The Limey”


See the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from Diary of A Shoot Stuff Guy

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers