Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Meter's Up

"Creating your vision on film is a dream. It’s watching the vision you created that is the nightmare. " -Me.




Well, as soon as I thought there was no end to post production of my film is as soon as I finished it. The final clean up, color corrections, score and sound effects went without incident once I arrived back to square one, (ie Audio Foul Up.) I’m not out of the muck yet. I have to run the film on a regular television, dolby surround set up and a 720 x 480 internet stream to make sure all the audio levels, colors and brighness stick to all consistently. (Not to mention, I don’t want to embarras myself.) I have confidence there will only be minor adjustments made. With that said, the premiere will be held two Saturdays from now. I’m excited to feel like I’ve accompished something I never thought I would do again. I’m stoked because I’ve managed to see yet another project through to its entirity and most of all, I’m appreciative of all the great people who made it happen like the generous business owners to the city officials who still promote and believe in self expression and ingenuity. And let’s also not forget Freddy, Mark, Mandi, Phil, Amanda, Muki, Karry, Chuck and Ryan who all in their own magnificient talents kept this movie from being filed away as a "nice try video." I don’t have any pictures to match the talents with the faces but I did manage to snap off this picture during the reshoot. (May be the only thing good that came out of the reshoot.) This picture in itself can speak for the understanding and respect we all had for the project and each other. For Meter is only the first movie-movie I’ve done in years but also will be known as the movie that put together ’One Roof Production Group’, a small band of actors and filmmakers who will collaborate on all sorts of projects. The buzz has already recruited five more talented people. There are four set to do through 2008.



The well oiled machine is being built. I look forward to working on it.



After the film is premiered, I have a cool in depth vignette that will show the whole process of making the short film. You, if you are or are interested in becoming a filmmaker, may find it insightful. I can’t show it now. It’s a movie spoiler.



No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers