Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hold On A Little Longer...

So reality kicks in Monday night after I realize our wedding weekend is over and I’m twelve hours away from returning to a job I once adored, now I find it the only depressing element left in my life. I tried to hold onto every minute of memories from that Thursday where it began to now, but I find them now being shook off by the sinking feeling of still being incomplete, (career wise.) By this time, I should have been working at Charter doing what I love to do, but well.... That’s a different story... So going back to my job was as fun as a day of decathaters and doctors. I felt depressed again all of a sudden almost knowing, had I just or could find a job I can at least put up with while doing my other stuff, I would be completely content. All those thoughts managed to override the smiles, laughs, and hugs from the days before.

Then I got an email from the second film festival we applied to with Meter, and again, we had been accepted. Our little ’$500 movie that could’ had squeezed through 700 other submissions and ended up in the top 15 yet again. That made me feel a little better. I thought, if I could just hold on a little longer, all this misery may pay off... Just maybe.

This also meant ’Meter’ had won one award, and been accepted into two other festivals with not a single rejection yet. 3-0 record wasn’t bad for the odds. It was time to start taking this little film a little more seriously on my end. I almost felt bad for doubting the little bastard.



No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers