Monday, October 8, 2007

Sometime in October Film Festival

The Sometime in October Film Festival in Wilmington, will be the next stop for my little bastard film, "Meter." I'm very excited, but am disappointed in the same, because I will not be able to make the trip down. I will be in Charlotte with one of my partners, the ever so talented Skip, shooting a wedding. The film will be there nonetheless and is again in the running for best short. I'm unsure if a panel or the audience decide who wins. Either way, who knows? 'The Van' and 'Warlord,' (the two films that beat us out in the last two,) will not be playing. If I were to place money on it, I would say I will be collecting another 'set of steak knives.'**

Saturday, October 6th
7pm-10pm
Rhino Club
125 Market Street

If you are in the Wilmington Area, stop in and see it if you haven't already. I think the admission is four dolla'.

**Ok, so anybody wanting to know where I get the 'steak knives' saying from… I'll tell you now. In the movie Glengarry Glen Ross, the wonderfully talented, Alec Baldwin comes into this office of smoes to give them an ultimatum on their real estate salesmanship. (Glengarry Glen Ross is actually a play, but the Alec Baldwin character was written especially for the movie.)

At the end of his gut wrenching, condescending spill he leans on the desk and tells them the incentives that are offered for closing.

He says: "First Place, a new Corvette… Second Place, set of steak knives… Third Place….. You're Fired!"

So there you go.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers