Friday, June 6, 2008

I Finally Own a Keypad Time Teller

Henry to me was a guy who has been cut off from the world for a very long time and has been so deep into his job that he kind of just woke up one day twenty years later and he’s still completely oblivious that twenty years has past. I mean like the last date this guy went on was Dirty Dancing… In the theater. I remember back in my Dirty Dancing days of hanging in my friend Russ Russell’s basement, scaring the shit out of myself watching Jason movies. Back then there was a very cool watch going around that had a calculator on it. I had always wanted one. They were the coolest thing ever back in the day BUT were expensive and I had always been real tough on watches, necklaces and stuff like that so my parents had always shunned the idea of me “macking” a calculator watch. No where in the story does it incenuate that Henry sports or even WOULD sport a Casio Key Pad Time Teller. This was completely my addition. I just felt it was one way to show just how out of touch with current he is and obviously show his lack of care for whatever that means. It also pays tribute to the Dirty Dancing/Horror Movie days where I longed to multiply percents on my Casio.

What’s amazing to me is that, I went to Wal Mart to buy one of those banded computers and they were still twenty bucks!!! I bought it of course without hesitation and actually wore it all that day. When I walked in the house at the end of the day, I don’t even think I got out, “Hey honey,” before my wife had me remove it from my wrist. Guess like Henry, I hadn’t realized things had changed that much.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers