Thursday, May 29, 2008

News and Newspapers

I am averaging about one magazine cover every 3 days. I imagined 10 covers and a couple should do it, but now measuring the shelves and space for the news stand I realize, I’m going to need like 30 different magazines and 3 different newspapers. Anybody got any good ideas for names of magazines? Mine are getting staler and staler the more effort I put in to it. I need some help.

Here are some of the completed ones and if you notice the captions etc and you know me, you will realize that there is an inside joke on each cover of each mag.

Film Fanatic - My constant argument on how film is still better





Dark Woods - Originally Dark Wood Chronicles, but I didn't like the name and when it comes to the fine print on these covers, it is somewhat irrelevant. Those are my boys from out west I got started in this business with. They are doing well making horror flicks. I had to pay tribute.





Design Magazine - Legacy Furniture is the commercial furniture manufacturer I work for now. They've made it possible for me to do all this. I had to give them a free plug.





City Story - The original paper. I used the NY Post as inspiration.





Vaudeville Weekly - A quick one I made just so I can make that headline.




Other news: Shane Meador from Asheville is officially hired as the Production Manager.





John Kearnes and his company Cinewerks down in Wilmington have been hired on as the Gaffer and lighting crew. Megan Baxter, an old friend, is taking on the responsibility of trying to make Phil look tired and haggard and Dana look pretty and mysterious.

As far as those names dropped, the other usual suspects are all still on board.

If you are on that cess pool social website called myspace, CHECK US OUT add the film to your friends. All the art, boards, info is there. I’ve been neglecting it as of late but now that the production is in full swing again, I’ll try and keep it up.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers