Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Work Ritual

As I follow my OCD deterioration, I found a perfect example to share. In between renders for some heavy special efx, I began cleaning my house, setting up a work space in my dining room for a couple of days to work on a script and write checks and whatever. I did not notice as I was setting up as I do this all the time... But every now and again, I notice. Tonight being one of those times-- as I began to walk to my room for a good night's rest, it struck me how I had set placed everything. This was a ritual. This is how it has to be done and it's quite exhausting.

The blue pencils are all I'll write rough drafts with. The black pens are for sketching/coloring. The Cross Pens are for writing everything else with, (roller and ballpoint, each having their own purposes.) The Moleskins have to be black covered and different sizes for different things. The grey pencil with the dots is the one I chew one because I wouldn't dream of touching the blue ones with my mouth. That pencil too has to be new every time I sit down.

It's a wonder I get a single paragraph, check, invoice written with that kind of routine. 

Posted via email from Diary of A Shoot Stuff Guy

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers