Monday, March 7, 2011

Why I Love My Job

The cool part of my job is watching things materialize. What may start as a sketch or a paragraph on a hotel note pad may turn into a fantastic piece of film, (or may be the worst.) Either way what starts as merely an idea ends in something that may entertain a lot of people. This is perfect example.

We were shooting a tattoo parlor and an idea to do an old time PSA from the 50's about how "tattoos are bad," just popped in my head. Kenny Davis and Chris Sepulveda wrote a great script for it.

I contacted Edd Robinson and begged him to do the spokesman role. Many people thought after looking at the script that it was a bit, "cinematic," instead of "old preacher from Linkerton County." So I took their script and rewrote it, "country-frying," it a little to better suit the material. Two pages it in my journal and typed it up.

Sent it Edd and he loved it! We shot it in an hour and half. This is the final piece without the commercial attached to the end of it.

 

_mg_0067

Posted via email from Diary of A Shoot Stuff Guy

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers