Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life Measured in Inches

With the threat of pushing Jeopardy back to August or September looming near, I worked vigorously to re-invent my schedule to free up some time to allow me to co-exist as Producer of film slash working family man slash wedding videographer. I managed Monday and Tuesday to tie up some loose ends and took care some of the little details such as getting the police jackets to the press, purchasing the fake police gun and finishing the sketches for the storyboards. (I did not add color to the final sequence being that nobody was allowed to see them due the twist ending.) What lies ahead: Props, props and more props which is…

You guessed it!!! Computer work which means I may never get to it. Besides that, the completion of my newspaper stand is PRIORITY #1.

All that in my eye and then the low budget film Gods dropped a bombshell. On top of bad decisions to take on too much work to raise money for the film, I was also DEPENDING on the Tax Stimulus check to supply me the remaining monies needed to keep up my end of the deal on the film.(Dumb me. No excuses.) Four years ago, new to the 1099, I got into some tax debt for some money I failed to report. (Not out of malice but just sheer stupidity.) Anyway, after losing a two year battle of fighting to see the debt disappear, I gave in and took a monthly payment plan to get squared away with the IRS and had been religiously paying it. My balance as of last month was $438.00 and I guess I was clueless, ASSuming that they wouldn’t deduct that money from my stimulus check since I was paying payments on time. OUCH! They took it as the finished payment leaving me with $125.00. That minor technicality screwed the world. Now on top of needing more time to plan and make props, I’m going to need more time to raise money to finish building the Newspaper Stand. Shit like this just isn’t fun for me. I don’t need this kind of stuff in my life.

We’re still working for July. As soon as I can forecast my possibilities to get this film shot in July the better off I’ll be. For now I look to inspiration through Al Pacino and the speech he makes in ‘Any Given Sunday’ to his team. (It may in fact be the only great part of that film… But it sums my life up as of the moment and I let his dialogue echo through my thoughts as I fight… FOR MY INCH.





Here is the jacket Odem and the boys will be wearing.


Design Image for the Printing Press

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers