Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tired But Mounting A Comeback

....And we're back. After several meetings with the city and other people
around town to lock down locations I can finally say "GAME'S BACK ON." I
met with city officials last week and then secured the Quality Inn in
Hickory for my apartment complex sequence, (don't worry, I know what you
are thinking and I got it covered.)

See the downtown schematic for shooting here

I also acquired the Catawba Science Center as an added treat. What happened
was... I was getting a little worried about the Apartment Complex so I
started looking at alternate spots when I found the Catawba Valley Science
center. It had an elevator and almost everything else we needed and just
had so much character. The powers that be said "no problem" to using it,
then the day after they signed off, the Quality Inn was OK'd. I think I'm
going to switch the classroom scene from Lenoir Rhyne to the Science Center
if the schedule allows it. It would be a nice set piece.
With the location burden behind me, I move on ever so slowly. There is a
looming threat of pushing this movie back until September unfortunately.
Losing nearly two months on location scrambles did not help. Then I went
and screwed myself royally by taking on 3 weddings back to back to put some
money in the "Jeopardy budget" only to not take in account that when River,
my new baby boy, showed himself to the world, it would inadvertently deduct
my already dwindling "free time allowance" even more. To be honest, it
would not hurt my feelings in the least bit if I had to move the shoot back
a month or two. I mean we have the actual money to shoot the film so when
we shoot it is completely irrelevant at this point in time, although I
would love to move on sooner or later. I want to be ready for this and
there is so much more to do and with the end of my wedding videography days
in clear sight ahead of me, I almost wonder if it is not the best idea
right now. It would take some pressure off me and at least get me back to
where I AM JUST THINKING ABOUT THE MOVIE and working creatively, not
frantically.
I worked on wedding 1 of 3 last night and am only half way through and that
was working on it 7 hours straight.(The only reason I was able to put that
time into it is because Mandi and the kids are at the beach.) Added to the
already 8 hour block I had on it from earlier in the week, makes 15 hours
so far. With that rough calculation, I'm looking at 40 hours a wedding
which is three weeks doing it straight, (which won't happen,) so I'm
looking at say, 5 weeks just to get those off my plate which puts me in mid
June if I'm lucky, leaving only a month to prepare all the loose ends of
Jeopardy's film. May not be the best idea...
I started contacting crew members from my crew call I put on Craigslist two
to three months ago and they had forgotten what the call was for, (if that
tells you how under water I am.) A really nice guy by the name of Shane,
contacted me, eager to help out on this project and has been in constant
correspondence to help and at this point in time, I don't even know where
to begin delegating work out and because I just got my hands around the
location situation, I have not even been able to finalize and budget to see
if I can even pay anybody....

...Am I rambling? It's been a long night. From the redundant cross
dissolves of a wedding video ceremony to the formula leaking down my shirt
to chasing Payton around with a toothbrush, I'm so far away from Henry,
Dana and Leather Strap Strangler, I almost forgot there was still work to
do.

We're back and pre-production rolls on.... We'll just have to play it by
ear on when this labor of love will go into production. If it is for the
better of the film, August and September are OK with me and TRUST ME WHEN I
SAY THIS. This film will be shot and in the can by Halloween at the latest.
I’ll take no Bullshitting for 200, Alex.

Click on the picture below to see the full set of storyboards for the film.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers