Thursday, April 2, 2009

Two Wrongs Production Design Process

One of my favorite elements of my films are the customization of the little things. Production Design is very important to any film and it helps take care of the little details. I believe in imagination and I also believe in using the P.D as sort of an inside joke. In Jeopardy, (although many magazines never actually appeared in the movie,) the Magazines and Newspapers were riddled in inside jokes, rips on my friends and even tributes. It's always been this way for every film with the exception of 'Meter' and even then, one line Charles delivered early on in his rage was taken completely from a friend of mine's bag o' insults, "Slut Bag." With that said even as small a film and scale as my next film, "Two Wrongs" is, it doesn't exclude it from the "G" touch. There are with the exception of 4 prop guns and 2 throwaway cell phones, 3 key props. A hard pack of cigarettes, a bag of tortilla chips and a jar of salsa. That opens up possibilities for our own custom brand names.






Obviously, the cigarette brand will be carried over from 'Jeopardy's' newsstand favorites, "Squares." of course this time around Derrick, our main character will smoke the "Berry Blend."


Then the jar of salsa will be a shout out to my good friend, Doug Wall, using his moniker, P. Wall as the inventor of the Pickled Picante.




Then the actual bag of chips, was still working on a name until Adam Parlier, who is my second in command on this picture with the abscence of Ryan, said, "I was thinking something like Parlito's." Obviously taken from his last name. I thought why not. In Jeopardy, the fake Mayor's name was "Mayor Weitz" named directly after Ryan Weitz, the Executive Producer, Producer and DP on the project. Why not do it again for this one. So Parlito's it will be.




This is the fun stuff, I love to see materialize.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers