Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Fake Mayor and an Inside Joke

As far as Props and Design go, things are on schedule. Mark Collins, an old friend of mine came up with a cool name for one of the fake magazines. Here is the rough design for it.



With the recent debacle going on in New York with the mayor we decided for Jeopardy's "Metro" make believe city, the local mags and newspapers were going to be riddled with two headlines: The Leather Strap Strangler kills again and the Mayor's Sex Scandal. Mark's "Morning Cereal" chooses to cover the Dirt on the Mayor rather the Sicko killer on the loose.(Hmmm, sound familiar?) We plan on using somebody I know to take candid pictures as "The Mayor" to use on the different magazine covers including inserting a page wide shot on this cover. Freddy Robinson, may not be in town for the actual production, so he obviously being a part of our film community here in Bumpkinville would be a candidate to play the fake Mayor. There was also talk of getting my Father which would be absolutely hysterical because he's never really gotten into to me making films in fact we decided because he is so prominent in our community that he could not attend the 'Meter' premiere in fear of a backlash of the subject content his son threw up in the Bible Belt's face. I think it would be quite funny for him to show up as the Mayor in the middle of a sex scandal in a make believe city in my cleaner less controversial film. (FAT CHANCE of THAT HAPPENING.) Another thought was making me the Mayor, but I think with Freddy getting a written part if he's around leaving the Newspaper Vendor open, I may be that guy or just do a classic Hitchcockian and have me be the guy that breezes by Henry on the street. I couldn't be both obviously. There was also a little talk of having our friend Clint, who is slowly becoming a Bruce Campbell type star in the Horror Film Genre along with Gerald Nott, do it. I haven't talked to him about it yet, but I thought it would be a cool little cameo to have him or Gerald do it, since we all at one time studied film together and didn't really get good at what we did until we had drifted apart. I gave Clint the lead role in my first film, 'Soldiers Battle' and Gerald and Clint also showed up in my film 'Jobbers.' I played a villian in one of Gerald's films, (it may have been his first film as well,) 'Demon Cult on Fire' and I was to help him produce his third film, 'Attracted to Elroy', but hit the Infamous Burn Out Depression Era in my life and high tailed it out of LA right as we were beginning the venture. (Which I will owe him for, for the rest of my life. It was the first and last time I ever flaked on a friend.) Anyway, I thought that would be a cool inside joke type thing amongst friends. Maybe have Clint play the Mayor and make a fake Fangoria Style Magazine with an 'Interview with Gerald Nott' on the front of it. Now that I'm typing this, I really think that's what I'm going to do. Nuff said...

See more on Gerald and Clint's films visit these links:

Nott Entertainment

The Quick and the Undead

The Flesh Keeper

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers