Saturday, November 15, 2008

Trailers & Snags

Well the momentum of the finished film was bound to hit a wall sooner or later. For the past two weeks it has done just that. The problem has been remedied or should I say will be remedied come Monday and the movie will be back in business. When we started editing we were using Final Cut Pro 5. When we relocated Post Production to Los Angeles, the bays there were on FCP 6. Well, after returning needing a couple of re-edits I realized that once we saved the Jeopardy file in FCP 6, I wouldn't be able to go back to FCP 5 which I have on my bay at home. With that said and the fact that I blew my job to go finish the film and have no money on top of the budget for the film being completely tapped, a $600 upgrade was gonna' take some work. By the end of the day, today, the upgrade should arrive, making it to 'The Asylum' by Monday afternoon, so the film with some luck will be complete by the end of next week if Phil and I get the little things done this week.

As far as Strapped and Strained, there has been another snag. We are going to need interviews to bookend the footage. We have a lot of great footage but kind of need a narration to tell the story as it goes. I am going to try and schedule some interviews next week. The preparations for the road ahead will require the Lane family to relocate to California in order to do what is needed to be done. I'll keep you informed. For now, if you haven't seen them, here are the trailers for the film and the documentary.



Standard Version






No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers