Monday, November 3, 2008

Incomplete

My eyes burned worst than they did following an all nighter after a Grateful Dead concert. My mind was mush and my next move completely unknown. I had just woken up at 5:00am to catch a flight home after bingeing and purging the Jeopardy post production process. I was cutting the film 16 hours of the day and by the time I finished it Friday morning at 8:30am, I didn’t know what I was looking at. I slept for nearly all of Friday and watched the movie on Saturday and knew we needed to adjust, so I did so before having to get on a plane and leave it all behind in Los Angeles. I couldn’t help but worry that I was going to watch the film a couple more times and I was going to figure out what was missing but it was going to be too late do anything about it. Ryan and I had already come up with one quick fix by the time I arrived home. So now the film I was completely engulfed in, that I thought was a masterpiece is completely in limbo because I spent the only week I had to analyze it, logging, and editing a semi rough cut and now I’m unsure what or where we stand. As I have been typing this entry, I spoke to Ryan who has made another cut and then is sending me the external. I am going to analyze all the footage all the ways possible to tell this story and then I will finish the film while I search for a music composer. The film is basically done, but like I was telling Mark, there is a certain feeling you get when a film is “complete.” It is a feeling like no other. I have yet to have that feeling with Jeopardy even though I will say, “the film looks great and is great if we just find that little thing that is missing. Wednesday, I will compose a trailer so we can start getting the word out. As a surprise, we actually shot our own city skyline footage for the film. Here is my BTS from a cramped ass four seater plane.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers