Friday, October 10, 2008

BTW - The Inspiration for the Last Entry

By the way, the inspiration for the reason I chose to put it all out on the line was some inspirational words from one of the best crew guys we had on the Jeopardy set. The Great John Harvey who pushed us all by out performing us all.

His email read like this:

That's great that Ryan is going to put this thing on the front burner and get it out the door. That should help you to keep your momentum moving forward and your passion high, which can only lead to good things. Congratulations. I haven't seen any of the footage, but it sounds like you guys are really pleased with it and I'm glad that I was able to be a small part of something successful. You and Ryan are both consummate professionals and your patience in the face of adversity (even when someone unplugs the hard drive with all your footage on it) speaks volumes about you both. I read on your myspace about some potential future projects that you may be doing; I know that your group is tight, but if there is a way for me to be involved with any of those things, I would love the opportunity. Even though I'm in school, my passion is still with film (working on your set reminded me of that), and I'm going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that I stay involved, some way, some how. So, please don't hesitate to ask if something comes up to which you think I may be able to contribute.

Thanks again for the great experience and I wish you the best with getting Jeopardy finished. I can't wait to see it.

Keep in touch. Oh by the way, this is a great article that my brother sent to me CLICK HERE . If you have ever doubted taking the plunge, this will remind you why you push so hard to be successful.

Best,
John Harvey

By the way, John, Law School or no law school, I'd pay your tuition if it meant always having you around on my sets. Thank you.... And yes, that article along with your words made my decision easy and anybody who has ever doubted their place in life, read it. It's worth the ten minutes.

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers