Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Invasion on Bunktown Asylum

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have a winner! First thank you all for submitting your ideas and outlines, but Ryan's pitch won over the investors so our first feature will be a horror/sci-fi film. (Doesn't mean we won't shoot yours too. We're just shooting this one first.) The film will probably be shot in North carolina AND the Mohave Desert and we're looking to try and get it rolling in February/March if everything goes well.

The plan now is: I will head to LA on Friday and cut Jeopardy. I honestly probably won't get it completely finished during my stay but hopefully get it to the point where all that's needed is the score.

Ryan and I will be hashing out the details and outline for the script in between cutting. We'll meet with the investors the Saturday before i come back to NC with an almost rough cut or film using licensed music and a heavy outline or hell 50 pages of a script. (I've secretly written 40 pages of it already.) Get them to sign off, so I can really get started.

I return from LA on November 1st and am jobless if you keep up with this stuff. I'll take a couple weeks off to complete a rough draft of the script, cut the Extras for the Jeopardy DVD, (documentary, etc..) have a premiere for Jeopardy and start submitting it to the big festivals while we finalize the horror script and begin pre production on the feature. That is the plan from here.

The working title is: "The Invasion on Bunktown Asylum." That will change I am sure but for now, I've titled that since I'm set to scribe it.



Menacing flesh eating aliens land for a human gorge fest while the local asylum's sickos escape!!!! It is up to the Sheriff, his deputies and his family to save the small town from fatal terror even if it means joining one of the gruesome bunch of baddies.

Gore, Action, Suspense and Humor kinetically merge in this over the top tribute to the 1980's action and horror films.

It's gonna' be awesome: "Think Planet Terror meets slasher film[insert any of the normal] meets Aliens."

Here are 2 pages of my script. Go easy on me. I have not proof read nor looked back at what I have written yet.




No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers