Monday, July 7, 2008

Political Cartoons Removed from my Bucket List

Back in the days where drawing was more important than making films I thought the political cartoons were something else. I thought what a great job. Get paid once a week to draw a small little funny comic. Some are really funny, some are not. Knowing I was going to get away with making the back page of the Metro Post nothing but full page ads on both sides, I've been presently racking my brain on what to put on the inside front page, (faces opposite of front page.) It had to have content on it. Finally, I said, the heck with it. I am going to fill half the page with "Letters to the Editor" and "Newspaper Staff Credits." Then put the rest of the front page story at the bottom and I will sandwich two of those cool customized comics in between the two columns.

I've picked my friend, Manish to be a Vigilante in jail for life for killing Al Qaeda Operatives linked to 9/11 back in 2002 that is basically tied to the "Strangler Story" now because it was the last "serial killer" threat to the city. Well I combined that element with the sarcasm of the police still not having any leads and made one of my cartoons.

The other I was lazy on because I'm honestly over doing all of this, but I spoofed my other "fake headline story" about Sharks being in the Harbor and the fact that the harbor, (just like all the other ones in America,) is terribly polluted. BOOM! I can take "Making Political Satire Comics" off the Bucket List.

The Diablo aka Manish comic is just the rough sketch. I have to take it into Illustrator and work the magic. The shark one looked like the Manish one before I got the Wacom out and let the wonderful Illustrator software loose on it. (Just sketched on paper, scanned and then traced.)

The Police Visit Diablo




On The Bright Side

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers