Friday, August 22, 2008

The Dark Knight Review

Alot of people will tell you The Dark Knight was over hyped
due to Heath Ledger's untimely death. Others will tell you it was not appropriate for children because of the themes it "promotes." Some will tell you it was good. Some will tell you it was great. I'm a Film Prude. It takes Cinematic Perfection to get me to stand up and applaud and for a film to get me into the the theater twice to see it is an absolute accomplishment. Mr. Nolan, you did both of those and I will tell you that The Dark Knight was a Minor Masterpiece of a film.

Had it not been for what I felt was a rushed, uneven final 30 minutes it may have screeched into my Top 10 of all time. My theory on the rushed ending is Nolan and his producers had the running time at 3 hours but Warner Brothers demanded it be two and a half. Nolan didn't know where to cut the film due to the storylines and pacing so he decided to snip here, snip there and just compress the ending which for me made it hard to follow in spots compared to the two hours that presides it. Despite that nick picking, The Dark Knight is everything you go to the movies for. Every frame from the first to last told a story and being an editor at heart, watch for an Oscar bid for Mr. Lee Smith if the Academy's short term memory doesn't forget by January. (I don't know how they could. This movie as good as it is doing will still be in the theater.)

Congrats Mr. Nolan, I know it's nothing for I am nobody but your fifth feature film, The Dark Knight has just landed in my Top 20 of all time. To me thats a privileged and sacred place to be... Considering the arsenal on that list.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE, NOW!

No comments:

Shooting 24/7

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I shoot stuff. I edit stuff. Period.

    The Junk Pile

    Followers